Thursday, July 9, 2015

Lippie Stix Lullaby


Last year, NARS released their Audacious Lipsticks collection. This collection consists of an array of lipsticks ranging from dark plums, bright reds, tawnies, to neutrals ̶ there’s something for everyone. I’ve been digging dusty, pinky mauve lip products lately. So, when I stumbled upon this particular shade that goes by the name of Anna… I thought I just had to have it. 

My obsession toward it grew as I stumbled across so many makeup reviewers singing its praises. It’s got great pigmentation. It’s pinky. It’s mauvey. It’s everything I’ve been dreaming for in a lipstick. It ticks all the boxes, except one; it’s NARS.

“It’s NARS”? Why? What about it? Okay lemme break my thought process down for you:

A. It’s NARS. It’s on hell of an expensive brand. 
B. There are no NARS stores around where I live. (Even if there is one, see reason A).

Ergo: I’m stone-broke. And broken-hearted. 

Then, just when I decided to bury my dreams, I came across one of KathleenLights’ photos on Instagram. In the picture, she was wearing this gorgeous lip color that looked really similar to Anna. When I scrolled down to see the caption of the photo… I found salvation to my broken heart.

On her lips was ColourPop Lippie Stix in Lumière. And my… it was like love at first glance. After doing a little research about the company, I found that they are collaborating with beauty YouTubers to produce makeup. How exciting is that!? Imagine you have your own makeup with your name imprinted on the packaging, plus you get the chance to design the whole concept; the formulations, the colors… such a makeup hoarder’s dream. Anyways, here’s the best thing that I found; their Lippie Stix only costs $5, which is nearly 7 times cheaper than the NARS Audacious Lipsticks. I needed to make a purchase.

I then started hunting for it, but I couldn’t seem to find Instagram shops that offer reasonable prices for their products until Adani came to the rescue and told me where she got Lumière at much lower price. And so a purchase was made.

The product itself is housed in a white, slim twistable tube. The slim, slanted bullet really helps in getting into my cupid’s bow. One swipe gives great color payoff. It also applies really evenly and smoothly on my lips (I exfoliate my lips daily and nightly). This claims to be matte but it definitely never dries out my pout. Because it’s matte, it lasts for hours and hours. However, it does transfer when I’m drinking water from a mug and rub off every time I’m eating greasy meals. But hey, a little touch-up is totally fine with me!

All in all, I’m chuffed with this product. So affordable yet offers such a great quality. I can see myself getting more and more of the Lippie Stix in the future…

This doesn’t mean that I’m no longer interested in having Anna. One day, it will be mine. It shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment