Thursday, August 6, 2015

Girl. Bond Girl.






*Cue to the 007 theme song*

Owning a Charlotte Tilbury product has been one of my ultimate life goals for yonks. The product in question is one of her Matte Revolution lipsticks named Bond Girl. But I wasn’t bold enough to put it on top of my makeup wish list, due to the hefty price tag and the accessibility to get the product. Yes, it’s a luxury makeup brand. And yes, it’s not available in where I live. It’s only sold in the UK.

I didn’t know what got into me. But one day, I felt like I was in dire need to purchase this product and I had to do it at once. Long story short, the universe conspired in helping me to achieve what I want. Then the next day, a post man came with a package for me.

It was it.

I passed out.

Not.

First off, let’s take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the rose gold packaging. Isn’t it gorgeous?! The tip of the bullet is slanted and square-shaped, which I think is pretty ergonomic because it somewhat hugs the lips easily. The shade is a natural berry that I think is appropriate for both black tie events and casual occasions, and looks flattering on many skin tones.

After taking some pictures before abusing it, I finally got the chance to test it. I had high hopes on this product because it is a luxury product and it is expensive. When I initially applied it, I wasn’t wow-ed. It didn’t show as opaque as I had expected. Don’t get me wrong though, it was definitely not just a sheer wash of berry tint on the lips. It’s just I expected it to look richly pigmented in a single swipe. But it didn’t. I had to do 2 - 3 swipes until I was happy with the color payoff. Not a major deal-breaker, I know. 

As I was I applying the product, I could smell a faint vanillary scent, which I think was quite nice. The bullet glided smoothly along my lips. This product claims to have a soft-matte finish. Maybe that’s why the product felt moisturizing on the lips.

The moisture was gone after about an hour of wear, leaving my lips with a matte feeling that wasn't drying in any way. 4 hours later (plus lots of drinking from my mug, some fettucine, a bowl of oatmeal, some lebaran cookies, and some finger-licking shenanigans), the color began to fade from the center on my lips. Oh, and the color did transfer while I was drinking.

Maybe, if I decided to go for her crème de la crème products like the Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk or the Filmstar Bronze & Glow, I wouldn’t complain a single thing on this post. But all in all, I don’t regret buying this product. And after all, at some point in my life, I gotta own a Tilbury product anyway$$$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment