Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Faultlessness of an Ombre Blackstar


My (ever growing) makeup arsenal has welcomed the By Terry Ombre Blackstar "Color-Fix" Cream Eyeshadow as its newest member. The shade in particular is called Misty Rock, which is a hybrid of shimmery taupe and... mauve -- can’t you see a recurring theme here? -- and I think it’s very reminiscent to the shade Pewter from the first Lorac PRO Palette, a well loved one. 

The product itself is basically, as the name would suggest, a cream eye shadow. It’s housed in a luxurious, gold twistable tube which you can see on the picture above. It shows great pigmentation in a single swatch and applies beautifully without tugging the lids. That being said, this eye shadow is sooo creamy! I’m going to use this phrase that you might have seen everybody else uses it so it might make you sick, but it blends like a dream... truly! And once they set, they ain’t gonna budge and will stick on your lids like there’s no tomorrow. I put this on 7AM and by 7PM, it was still there, only not as full-on as when I initially applied it. But still, it’s like it was glued to my lids.

The hefty price tag really justifies the amazingness of this stick eye shadow. Gorgeous shade, beautiful texture and blendability, splendid longevity... what more can I say?

Oh, I can say that I’m eyeing Bronze Moon, Brown Perfection, and Velvet Orchid up to add to my arsenal, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment