Thursday, October 1, 2015

Anna



You know me. As mentioned on this post, I’ve been wanting to slap the NARS Audacious Lipstick in the color Anna onto my pout for as long as I can remember. I’m well aware that I already have got quite an assortment of dusty, mauvey-pink lip products --  a woman can’t have too many lipsticks, right? -- but it is the first product that made me interested in hopping into the mauvey-pink lipstick hoarder bandwagon. I also realize that it’s pricey, but people on the net says good things about it, which means that it’s well worth every penny! Even though I already have the ColourPop Lippie Stix in Lumière in my stash, but an ultimate goal is an ultimate goal so I gotta earn it. I’m about to finish my Lumière so that’s also another justification. Cheeky. To cut a long story short, somebody finally got the chance to break her piggy bank. Whoops...


Now, let us take a moment to admire the packaging. It’s a square, black matte bullet with the NARS logo embossed on it. Very sleek and minimal, which I like. The NARS logo is also carved on the bullet itself and it’s so beautiful to look at. But, the best part is the magnetic closure. The gratifying magnetic closure, which everybody loves.


To further understand what the rave was all about, I put it to a little test. When I initially applied the product, the bullet glided over my lips smoothly. Also, it showed rich color payoff upon first swipe! On the lips, it felt creamy but didn’t feel hydrating nor drying. 2 and a half hours later, I drank from my glass and I could see some product transfer on my glass. My lip color was still intact, though. An hour and a half later, I had some greasy meal and it removed most of the products on the center of my lips, making me look l only drew lip liner along the edges of my lips. So, for a lipstick that offers a creamy finish, I have to say that this has got impressive staying power.

Seems like all the raves checked out! Maybe one day Anna can have Jane as a company. Or Vivienne? Or maybe someday later, NARS will come up with a lipstick shade named Nadia. Or Sabrina. Who knows...

2 comments: