Thursday, November 19, 2015

Oops, Kathleen Did It Again


There were times when my ‘Explore’ page on Instagram was filled with photos of people with their dusty, mauvey-pink lip on. Probably because I had spent too much time searching for hashtags like #ColourPopLumiere and #KathleenLightsLumiere before I managed to get myself one─plus 692375 other lippies with similar shade. You see, the said lip color definitely has its moment these days. One person puts it on, then the rest of the world follows. Kinda like a spreading fever.  But there’s also another ‘fever’ that’s been all over the place pretty recently, and it’s known as #MiamiFever.

No, I’m not actually talking about a contagious disease here. I’m talking about a liquid lipstick shade that Kathleen Fuentes created with Ofra Cosmetics. So yeah, she did it again. Beautifully.

Miami Fever reminds me of bricks, color-wise. It’s a terracotta red–the kind of red that doesn’t look intimidating when put on. So it’s good for people who are beginning their red lip repertoire (or anyone, really), because it’s the kind of red that’s easy to pull off at any time—which makes a great excuse for me to get something that’s not mauvey-pink. Sneaky. I’d say, it’s like a summer in a tube. Hence the shade name. The actual product is packaged in a tube with a doe-foot applicator, has a texture of a mousse that is much moussier than the Sephora Cream Lip Stain. Once applied, it quickly dries to a matte finish, which is the effect you’ll get from typical liquid lipsticks.  

When I put it on for the first time, it wore well for around 7 hours. I did eat some greasy meal after 5-hour mark, then the color began to fade from the center of my lips. I also drank a lot of water and it did transfer to my cup. 2 hours later, the color completely disappeared. One thing I’d like to say is that it kinda felt a bit drying on the lips during my first time wearing it. After that, however, I have worn it for a number of times and haven’t experienced any issues. Oh, and it left that “butthole” lip after lots of drinking and eating, if you know what I mean. It’s a common thing with liquid lipsticks, I guess. (I heard that the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks won’t do that to your lips. Too soon?)

So, if you are searching for an alternative to the classic Taylor Swift red, or wanting to start wearing a red lip but at the same time unsure about which one to get, or simply just trying to find an excuse to do some retail therapy, then why not consider checking this one out? It’s got great color, impressive staying power, and the brand also offers a myriad of other gorgeous shades as well. I fancy me some Mocha.

I know.

Old habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment