Thursday, December 24, 2015

Dear Santa...


Tomorrow’s the Christmas Day! Not one to celebrate Christmas but I personally really, really enjoy the vibe; the festivity, the warmth and togetherness, the Christmassy movies (hands up if you’re re-watching Love Actually and The Holiday for the umpteenth time!), the idea of exchanging gifts.... I mean, one can never be too old for a little pressie, right? Although now I guess I’m already too old (and far too heavy) to sit on Mr Sinterklaas’ lap. But that ain’t gonna stop me from wishing. I mean how could I ever be? The list keeps getting longer, Santa might have to prepare a separate bag just for me. Being a good girl that I am, I managed to streamline my wishes. Now, I present to you the 5 items that’s been up there on the top of my wish-list. For the time being...

My number one pick has to be the Most Expensive Eyeshadow Palette of them all, which is the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette no. 2. The palette consists of different shades of... basically my favorite color. I came across this brand when I was watching one of Nikkie de Jaeger’s YouTube videos many, many moons ago. At first, I wasn’t drawn into this product at all. Until everyone else and their mother began to rave about the exceptional quality of this eye shadow palette. This is not the easiest item to get your hands on (depending on where you reside) and the price is hella steep. But if everybody’s saying that it’s that good, then it must be well worth the bang for the buck.

Another eyeshadow palette that I’ve been meaning to get is sitting at a much lower price point, but also not easy for me to get hold of. It is the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette. Unlike the said Natasha Denona palette, this palette has a mix of warm neutrals. It also contains some reddish/orangey browns and a gorgeous cranberry shade that I can’t wait to put all over my lids and pair with some gloss on the lips.

Speaking of lip glosses, there are several ones from different brands I’d like try out. But currently the ones that I covet the most are the Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquers by Marc Jacobs Beauty. On one of her videos, Jaclyn Hill talked about a nude beige shade named Sugar Sugar. She said that she was looking for a gloss that was similar to what Kris Jenner had been wearing because Kris’ lips looked like they were wet, but not uber pigmented. Well, Sugar Sugar seems to be too pale for my complexion, however something about it tickles my fancy. Every shade from this range does.

There’s also another lip product that I’ve been lusting after and it’s the NARS Audacious Lipstick in Vivien, a purpley/plummy red. Been loving some deep, bold colors lately! I already have Anna on my stash and reviewed here but I reckon that she needs a company. Tee-hee.

The last thing on this list may come as a surprise for you because it’s not makeup-related. Finally. Before I get into it, here’s a little story. Back in my elementary school days, PE was one of my favorite subjects. I might not be the best at throwing a basketball into the hoop, but I never failed at basic floor exercises (not the crazy hardcore ones, just the backward/forward rolls) and was always the first one to cross the finish line, making running my favorite exercise. After those days, I hadn’t really been exercising regularly. Until around a month ago, my body kinda signaled me that I needed to incorporate workout back into my life and I took it pretty seriously. It then led me into splurging a pair of legit running shoes, which I had never thought I would do in a million years. Seems like a big deal?

I used to see the running lifestyle as a temporary trend orchestrated by sportswear giants like Nike and Adidas to merely boost their sales. Primarily Nike though. I always thought that people would do a ‘5K’ run, ‘10K’ run, or a ‘True Brown K’ run (sorry I just had to) for nothing but a chance to take a pic of their fancy schmancy running wardrobe and showcase it on their social media platforms. Clever marketing tactics, I must say, but I just couldn’t get the hype.

However, after that moment of realization and the purchase following, I made myself commit to doing a morning run once a week, every week. Ever since I added this routine, my body’s been feeling better. It’s helped me with my sleeping disturbances and I’m getting faster week by week *pats self on the back*. So yeah, that shoe purchase seems like a big deal to me because it’s made my body feeling much better, which I’m very happy about.

I’ve also been googling for information about what you’re supposed to wear when you’re doing different types of workout. Apparently, the outfit you wear will most definitely impact on your entire workout experience. That little research also led me into following Instagram accounts such as @nikerunning, @nikewomen, @reebokwomen, @adidasrunning, etc. The more accounts I follow, the more pictures I double tap. And the more pictures I like, the more things are added into the list... And I’mma be like “GIVE ME DEM SPORTS BRAS!!”

Now, I can totally relate to people who would trade their money for a proper running experience and I cannot wait for my next run... to the sportswear store. LOL JK.

Okay, that was probably my longest babbling ever on this blog. But how about you? What do you want for this Christmas? I’d be happy if you share it with me on in the comments section below. :)

Ho-ho-hope you all have a merry little Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great wish list, the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette is something I've wanted for ages! Hope you enjoyed the day and have a great New Year.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - http://bit.ly/1QZx3R3 - CHATTY New Year's Eve Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      The Zoeva palette really is a beaut, isn't it? Thanks girl! Have a wonderful new year as well :) Will definitely check out your blog and videos!

      Thank you for stopping by!
      xx

      Delete