Thursday, December 31, 2015

Taupe-notch


If you’ve been a devoted reader of this blog, then you’d know that the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette is one of the things I’ve been lusting after. I can’t exactly remember whether it was Zoella, Tanya Burr, or Lily Pebbles who first let me know about this brand, although it wasn’t the palette that they were raving about. It was the Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Set that contained 8 makeup brushes for the face and the eyes. They said that the quality of these brushes were amazing and the best part was the inexpensive price. I was thinking about getting that set, but I didn’t think I’d get much use out of the face brushes, since I’ve already owned a few of 'em. It was the eye brushes that I had been meaning to get. Recently, Zoeva released their new En Taupe collection, which consists of an eye shadow palette and a matching set of eye brushes. When I saw the palette for the first time online, I was sort of captivated by the design of the packaging, but not so much about the color ensemble. They were quite ‘meh’ for my liking. The eye brushes set, however, was downright gorgeous. So I went to Luxola Indonesia’s website, placed my order, and AGES later, that well-packaged set of beauty arrived safe and sound at my door.


The Zoeva En Taupe Eye Set is hands down, one of the prettiest things I’ve ever beheld. I mean, look at the details of the swoon-worthy design. For me, it looks like a work of art. The set comes with a beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL clutch (don’t even get me started with how cool the metal zipper is) and 6 eye brushes.




The first brush that I’m going to talk about is called the 227 Luxe Soft Definer, that is said to be the dupe of MAC 217. I love how fluffy and versatile this brush is. Mainly, I use this to put on some transition shade, define the crease, and marry the colors on my lids together. But I also use this to sculpt my cheekbones, temples, schnoz... you name it. Then, we have the 228 Luxe Crease brush is great for a more detailed crease work, say, a cut crease look. I use the 230 Luxe Pencil brush to smoke out my lower lash lines, the 317 Wing Liner to draw the cat-flick, and for the brows, I use the 322 Brow Line. I don’t really use slanted, eye brushes like the 317 one to draw my eyeliner. As for the 238 Luxe Precise Shader brush, I haven’t used this number at all. But I suppose it’s good for putting on some inner corner highlight? I’ll figure out what to use this for.

Told ya, it is a gorgeous set. They’re lovely to work with, beautiful to look at, and wash well. I’d say this set or any other Zoeva's brush sets will make a great gift for a makeup lover, a makeup noob, or someone who is just trying to slay her eye makeup game. Now, why does all of that sound familiar...

4 comments:

  1. The luxe soft definer gets scratchy after the first wash until the next dozen of washes and then it softens again :/ mine is still a bit scratchy but I'm hopeful it will be softer in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird?!! (Like, weird in a positive way). Mine's still doing fine after the first wash! Maybe try dipping your brush into a small amount of olive oil before washing it using a legit brush cleaner/baby shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't get over how beautiful the brush design is! I wonder if I can find Zoeva brushes online in Canada (a lot of them you can't, like Sonia Kashuk).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allysia!

      So artistic for a makeup brush, right? Aww too bad... I once heard that you can order from the official site and the shipping rate is flat. So that's good!

      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete