Thursday, December 17, 2015

What Year is It Again?



Marsala is said to be the color of 2015 but everyone including Kylizzle and probably their mothers are gonna have to disagree. Thanks to her, people have been slapping the classic, 90s-inspired brown lipsticks onto their pout this year. Looks like I’m currently inside the Kylie Jenner Lip Trend Appreciation Bandwagon but believe me when I say that I didn’t decide to get the Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in 1993 because of her. BELIEVE ME.

This is pretty much Kylie Jenner in a tube. It is a cool-toned brown that leans more taupe and has more of a satin finish than matte. I’d say that this lipstick has the creamiest texture I’ve ever tried, because this is sooo buttery,  applies smoothly, and feels comfortable on the lips. The only thing that bugs me is the scent. But it doesn’t linger, though. The pigmentation of this lipstick is insane in just one go. On me, this stays for 4-ish hours after a series of drinking and wudus.

I find it often hard to pull of if I apply this in a direct swiping motion, because I can look like a (#TresChic) corpse in the end... It looks much better when applied in a light dabbing motion. But still, I want find out how to werq this number. What should I balance this with? A blusher with certain undertones? Heavily mascaraed lashes? H... hello...?

8 comments:

  1. I have tried wearing browns and they look awful on me - I think I might be too pale, or I haven't found the right brown. I love the way 1993 looks though, and I've heard good things about Urban Decay's matte (not really matte) formula. What kind of scent does it have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allysia!

      Yeah I think it's quite tricky to find the right shade of brown for certain skin-tones. I think pinky browns would look great on you! It smells kinda like plastics and chemicals imo. Still, the formula of this is great!

      Thank you for your comment!
      xx

      Delete
  2. There's nothing wrong with Kylie Jenner in a tube. Looks like it would make a very gorgeous, natural color. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen!

      It makes me look kinda dead actually. But a with the help of bronzer, I guess I'll be fine! It is indeed a gorgeous color :)

      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'd suggest bronzer, bronzer and bronzer. A bit of highlight or a radiance boosting primer will probably help you too!
    Also don't forget the lip-liner, you can probably offset the "look of death" with a darker or more rosey toned liner.

    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dar!

    Yes, I recently found out that some light dusting of bronzer really helped! I'll try the radiance-boosting primer. And yes, warm-toned lip liner might help as well! Really appreciate your suggestions :)

    Thank you for coming over and leaving a comment! I'm scrolling down through your blog posts now!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the nudes just don't work with your skin tone, and no matter what you pair with it will make you look dead. What did you use on eyes and cheeks? Maybe a peachy or rosy highlighting blush to counteract that? Depending on your skin tone?

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda!

      I've found that lining my eyes, coating my lashes with layers of mascara, and dusting my cheeks with a warmer-toned blusher would help balance out the 'dead lip look'! Blusher shades like Tarte Exposed, for example, is great for that trick. Adding dimension to the face by bronzing and lightly sculpting it will help as well :)

      Hope that's useful. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

      xx

      Delete