Thursday, January 28, 2016

2015 at a Glance

We may have gone through page 365 of the 2015 and be done with it, however the lessons that we learned will continue to live on--we’ll never stop learning. You and I can always look back and use those lessons to prepare us for whatever we’ll go through in many years to come. I experienced so many things that I hadn’t experienced before, got introduced to people I hadn’t met before, learned new lessons, failed at them, managed to succeed, failed some more, and learned some more. I’m sure you all did, but I’m also sure that what we learned weren’t all the same thing. Because they say that “sharing is caring” and I want to make sure that my existence can be beneficial to others, I present to you a constellation of things/thoughts/whatever the hell you may call ‘em regarding the year of 2015 that I thought would be share-worthy:

I have converted from an Anti-Belieber to Belieber. #nowplaying #loveyourself.

Bretman Rock’s ‘How to Contour’ YouTube video cracked me up like... laughing was a sinful thing.

Being professional doesn’t mean being rigid.


Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner is WILL NOT FAIL YOU.

The meaning of friendship that I once found in a book when I was a kid, that had been my principle ever since, got shifted.

I'll never wash my phone under running water again. Ever. The rice technique did not work. So, may my dearest phone R. I. P. Pictured below is Ofra Cosmetics x KathleenLights' Miami Fever. And my now dead phone. :(



Values that a company preach to its clients might be the things that are poorly embodied within the company itself.

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #13 Marvelous Mauve is pure love. A product that’s very aptly named indeed. 

Leaders are not bosses. Bossy people who don’t listen to everyone else’s opinions are mere assholes.

Do you know Mariah Leonard? She's basically the coolest person on YouTube.

Isn't she the most awesome or what.

 Nike+ Running was the best app I downloaded in 2015. #Ambition

Sometimes your emotions outweigh your logic.

The first question to ask is mostly ‘why’.

Beautika’s Sambal Roa is heaven-sent.

Your biggest competitor is the person you see in the mirror.

GoJek and GrabBike are the forms of God’s kindness.


What would you do when life throws lemons at you?


Blogging got me a new friend. Say hello to Faizah!

I’m so glad I met people like Alex, Inez, Novi, Shirin, and Vania. Love these guys to bits.

The feeling after I had my brows threaded and tweezed for the first time was exceptionally extraordinary, that I walked around Senayan City feeling like I could conquer the world. 

By Terry’s Misty Rock is one heck of an expensive little thing. But trust me, you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck. It is THAT amazing.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eye Shadow in Misty Rock ROCKS!

Failure is not something to be avoided, but rather embraced.

Everything/everyone is more than meets the eye.

Last but definitely not the least, I have learned to just start doing something even if what I think I’m gonna do is nowhere near my ideals. As I mentioned on my first post ever, at the beginning, I kept delaying to start blogging because I thought I had nothing much to make my ‘ideal blog’ dream comes true. But I just started anyway because it was better to do so than not starting at all. And I’m glad I did. And have enjoyed the process ever since. This little corner on the web may mean nothing to you, but it sure does mean something to me. I’ve managed to do something I used to think I’d never be able to do; turning my ideas into words. I’m not saying that my writings are worth a Pulitzer or whatever. It’s more about, as the cliche saying that goes “stepping outside my comfort zone”. I’ve also reconnected again with some of my old friends and made new friends from all over the world in the wake of this blog, which both are so unexpected yet very heartening to me.

Alhamdulillah, I've hit the 5k views yeaaay.

I’ve been blogging for half a year now and I hope that there’s something that you can learn or find useful/entertaining here. I also hope that aside from finding beauty-related posts about lipsticks, liquid liners, and the like, you can also find a little amusement here because there is also a beauty in that. :)


What about you? What have you learned from 2015? Care enough to share?

11 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! I feel the same about my blog, but the hardest part for me is keeping it up. I've had it for almost 4 year, but with big breaks in the between.

    My biggest lesson from 2015 is learning to spend less money on things and more on experiences. A lesson I learned after going to a Motley Crue gig! haha <3 xx

    www.heyfernandafletcher.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fernanda!

      Thank you for your sweet comment. You should keep your blog up, girl! Yours is great :)

      Totally agree with you. Experiences are more valuable compared to money! Thanks for sharing :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. "The feeling after I had my brows threaded and tweezed for the first time was exceptionally extraordinary, that I walked around Senayan City feeling like I could conquer the world." Hahaha ini banget kak. I got my eyebrows done for the first time ever last month and that's exactly how I felt. The power of eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha u feel meeee. Where did you get yours done? :)

      Delete
  3. Awww Sabrina, so glad that I chanced upon your blog and we managed to hit it off :)

    Congrats on your 5k views and hopefully 2016 will see that figure double or even triple! :D

    xx, faizah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faizah!

    Yesss meeting you was one of my most favorite moments from last year! Hopefully we'll meet again soon :)

    Thank you and good luck with your blog as well!

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading about what you learned was so interesting and I absolutely loved it! I definitely agree that emotions can sometimes outweigh logic. That resinated with me, as it happened to me quite a bit in 2015. But I also learned to take risks, as I know that if you work hard enough then they will 100% pay off. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Fashion Haul - ZARA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much for such a lovely comment! I agree that taking risks is a good thing because it can help develop us thus making each of us a much better person. Have a wonderful 2016, girl!

      x

      Delete
  6. Super cute post! I love what you said that failure isn't something to be avoided but to embrace! I need to remember this. Great blog! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it helpful! Thank you for your sweet comment, Lauren!

      x

      Delete