Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun


I love makeup. This blog is pretty much about makeup. But the thing that I mostly talk about here is mauvey-pink lipsticks. What can I say? I’m quite obsessed with that particular shade. I haven’t talked about mauvey-pink lipsticks for awhile and if you fancy another new one, then today is your great day.

Meet the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (every time I put this number on, Major Lazer’s song plays in my head). The product is encased within a luxe, shiny black tube with magnetic closure. It has a silver button but it just serves as an ornament. Here’s the cool thing: if you twist the tube from the front, with the silver button facing you, the bullet will come up/down but it won’t rotate, meaning that it will keep on facing you (am I making sense here? Please tell me I am). Cool, right?! Well at least it’s very amusing for me. I haven’t found any lipstick that does that.

The shade is mauvey-pink (d’uh) and the finish that it offers is satin. The color reminds me a lot to the Clinique Plum Pop Lip Colour, but this one is a tad darker than the Clinique one. It shows rich pigmentation in just one go and feels very buttery on the lips, just like Plum Pop does. 

Does this last on the lips? Hell yeah is does. In fact, it can last up to 6 hours. Depending on what you eat, of course. The other day, I had a fairly greasy meal with this on. I drank a lot of water from a glass too. The color definitely didn’t stay intact, however I still looked like I got lipstick on. And it didn’t look crazy messy as well. 

All in all, it’s a lovely, lovely product. I’d love to try some other colors from this range. Have you seen the shade J’adore? It’s truly something that I adore. And Boy Gorgeous looks downright gorgeous. There’s also the one called Infamous, which is another mauvey-pink shade... just give me them all.

6 comments:

  1. This lipstick sounds so good! I haven't tried any thing from Marc Jacobs, but would love to. I've heard that their coconut primer is amazing as well. But I'm going to look into their lipsticks for sure, you can't beat a long lasting formula.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Valentine’s Day Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good and you MUST try it! Yeah I've heard so many good things about the coconut primer as well, but since I have oily skin, I don't think it will suit me!

      Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I never tried the marc jacobs lipstick, but I guess the color was amazing

    http://inezdivaa.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try one from this range! And yes the color selection is amazing. Thank you for your comment, Inez :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete