Thursday, February 11, 2016

C-c-c-check These Out

What do you do when you’re bored? Surfing the web? Watching YouTube videos? Stalking on a person on Instagram and trying your best effort to not encounter the chance of accidental double-tapping? been there, done that. There are a million other things that you can do to kill time that won’t get you into any trouble. 


Every day, I always pay a little visit to one of Anna Gardner’s little corners of the Internet, which is her blog. Yep, she posts every single day! I admire her dedication and the way she crafts her writings. She also has a YouTube channel and she uploads her videos every Sundays and Wednesday. I love her video editing technique. I love her angle in creating her contents. I love her online persona. I just love love love her. If you’d like your makeup to be minimal, simple, and somehow look a-girl-next-door-esque, then head this way.

Going down-under, we have Karima McKimmovski. An Australian YouTuber with one of the most beautiful faces I’ve ever laid my eyes on. She is sooo stunning! I also love her somewhat soothing Australian accent. Her videos are always informative and she always tells you how to be strategic when you’re applying your makeup. So, she doesn’t just show you how to look all dolled up; she also educates you about the most efficient makeup application techniques. She also has a blog filled with informative posts and some of the most cool makeup photographs. But she doesn’t post that often though. I think her main platform is her YouTube channel.

Next, we have Nikkie de Jager from Holland (Nikkie Tutorials), who makes everyone and their mothers go nuts over the Nivea Men After Shave Balm. She is basically a makeup prodigy and has been on YouTube since around 2008. Now, she has more than 2 million subscribers. Her signature makeup look is something I wouldn’t normally gravitate toward because it involves lots of shimmers and super glowy highlighters and is sometimes over the top–more like most of the time! However, I really enjoy spending my time watching her videos, especially her ‘Hits and Oh, Goooooood Nos!”. If you’re all about that glam, glimmer, and super glowy makeup, check out her channel. Oh, you should also check out Jamie PaigeBeauty’s Instagram and YouTube channel. Her looks are pretty similar to what Nikkie usually pulls, but imho they’re more of a dialed down version compared to Nikkie’s. Both are amazeballs though!

Just like Nikkie, Jaclyn Hill loves her glow as well. I didn’t really like seeing her videos at first because she talked really fast and I couldn’t keep up with most of what she was saying. However, somehow I’ve managed to get myself used to hearing her talking and now I find her videos so entertaining to watch. One of many awesome facts about her is that she once wanted to become a Sephora salesgirl when she was in her teen years, but the company turned down her application. Last year, the product that she created in collaboration with Becca made the most record-breaking sales at sephora.com in just a matter of minutes when it first launched. The girl really knows how to #slaaaaAAAY, huh? Her genuineness and bubbly personality are also things that I adore from her.

Do you like kids? Because I do. Especially if they’re cute toddlers. And not on a tantrum mode. If you have interests for babies then you should be subscribed to Judy Travis’ channel, itsjudyslife. She vlogs about her daily life and obviously my favorite part about them is her twin daughters, Miya and Keira–both of them are so adorable and ridiculously smart for 1 year olds! I’ve been watching her videos every day since around 2014. Yep, she uploads her videos every single day which is kinda awesome. Judy also has a beauty channel called itsjudytime, but I hardly watch her beauty videos there and I suppose she doesn’t really have an exact uploading schedule for her beauty channel.

Last but not least is @deabakri, whose Instagram account I discovered just around three weeks ago. You see, #flatlay photos are some of the most common photo ideas these days and they seem hella boring when every single person you follow does the same technique. For me, her flat lay photos are unlike many others. Hers are somehow neat, organized, and well-executed yet messed up at the same time, which make a strikingly beautiful juxtaposition for anyone to behold. See it for yourself and fall in love with her photos just like I did the day I discovered her account.

Enough about me. What about you? Whose Instagram account is filled with double tap worthy photos? What other YouTube channels should I be subscribed to? I’m all ears.

8 comments:

  1. I love itsjudyslife too! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Nikkie, I wouldn't personally wear the full coverage etc but I love Jaclyn Hill! :) https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! she's so hilarious and entertaining to watch, isn't she?

      Thanks for your comment, Cherie!

      X

      Delete
  3. I am alos a huge fan of Nikkie and Jaclyn too! They are both completely different to me, personality wise. But somehow I find that I love their style and find their videos so fun to watch. I am going to check out few others though as you mentioned some people that I haven't heard of before. Thank you for the recommendations hun.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Valentine’s Day Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, they are very entertaining to watch indeed. And yup you should also check out the few others! Hope you'll finding insightful and enertaining as well. Thank you for your comment!

      X

      Delete
  4. thank you for this post, i didnt know them and now i have new favorite youtubers :D

    http://martinadenegri.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay, you're most welcome! Thank you so much for your comment, Martina!

      X

      Delete