Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Pretty Breathtaking Shade of Grey

How do you like your makeup to be? Kim Kardashian-esque? Or just barely there? Well I like mine to be wearable, in the sense that it's realistic-looking, and with a pop of color, of course! I like putting it on me as much as I like seeing people with that kind of look on. My Instagram feed used to be filled with people whose makeup leaned more simple and somewhat natural... (OK scratch that, let’s go with ‘believable’). But that changed once I stumbled across Andrea Reed’s Instagram over a year ago.

@girlgreybeauty
PURE SKILLZ
Basically, she is a Canadian-based makeup artist and she runs the account @girlgreybeauty on Instagram. She often uses her mouth as her canvas and actually create paintings on it mostly using makeup. Sometimes, she paints her face and certain parts of her body as well. It sounds like something that I wouldn’t do on myself, but I find her photos really amazing to behold. I’ve got some favorites and one of them has to be the one in which she drew a bee on her mouth. When I saw it for the first time, I didn’t believe that the bee was just a painting because it looked SO realistic, I thought she might get stung by it! Another one of my favorites is the one that she created based on a japanese painting titled The Great Wave off Kanagawa. I was dumbfounded when I first saw it. I mean, look at those meticulous work! She mentioned that she used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper--which I love--to draw the ocean waves.


My jaw drops everytime I open her feed. She is so artsy, talented, skillful... what an all round maverick. Her photography and editing skills are also amazing. I’m aware that there are other people with bomb makeup/face painting skills, but for me, this girl is out of the ordinary. She’s the next level. She sets her bar so high that no other will ever surpass it, let alone reach it. And that’s why yours truly dedicate this whole post to her! *major fangirling*.
If you are a person who likes art or simply just looking for someone (beyond) cool to follow on your Instagram, you should check her out! You’ll be astounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment