Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hello, Hello

At last, hello again, Bandung! And hello again, after being off schedule for 4 times.




Last week, I finally had the chance to visit Bandung, which I hadn’t been in for approximately 2 years. When I was much younger, going to Bandung was pretty much a regular thing for me and my family to do because most of my close relatives and extended family resided there, so the visits weren’t essentially for getaway purposes. Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved the city (and LOATHED the trip). I don’t exactly know why, but the city makes me feel so loved (sorry if this sounds disgusting. But it’s the only way I can describe it), even just by thinking about it. Maybe, it’s because of the “warmth” that I feel every time I interact with the local people in such a cold place (by that I mean the temperature).


This time ‘round, I went to the ‘Paris van Java’ with my uni friends for a quick getaway. I was pretty excited because I finally got to spend more time with them offline and visit Bandung again, but I was also partly unenthusiastic because I had predicted that the roads would be a bit congested and the trip would be longer than normal due to the long weekend. However, we got nothing to opt for aside from powering through an ocean of vehicles.  Eventually, we managed and my ass survived the 12-hour car-ride.


Technically, our first visit was to this Sundanese restaurant. But our grand plan was to go to a place called Ranca Upas. I thought the place was gonna be breath-taking, jaw-dropping, dumbfounding or whatever, but it wasn’t. I tried to be mesmerized by the natural surroundings, but that didn’t work. For me, it was just woods where people can camp, feed deers... nothing was special about it, really. It’s just, I’m not one who’s into going to this sort of places. The only thing worth a memory space within my brain was when we took crazy pictures of ourselves. More like Anzil and I only.


Funnily enough, the only thing that I did find amusing from this whole trip was the car-ride itself, not the places we went to. Although most of the journey were ass-numbing, I did have fun. The long ride hours allowed us to catch up with each others’ life stories, which was nice for us especially now that we don’t get to see each other as often as we did back in our uni days. Also, I only got limited access to the Internet. Which means no YouTube, no Jeffree Star (a newfound love), no Jaclyn Hill, no nada. Disconnecting with the online world felt great, though. Should do that more often (yea right, like that’s ever gonna happen).

All in all, I’m glad that I decided to go on this trip along with my girlfriends, for the whole journey felt worthwhile because of them. After all, “it’s not the place, but the company!”

3 comments:

  1. Kak Nadia, itu kamera Canon seri apa kak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Always have fun!!
    I am a new blogger from Greece! If you want check out my blog too :D
    http://beauty-corns.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete