Thursday, May 19, 2016

What was in My Travel Makeup Bag

Can the title of today’s blog post be any more basic?





Keeping up with the Bandung getaway trip theme, I thought I’d talk you through the beauty items that I brought along for that trip. I only brought the things that were absolutely necessary, so I packed pretty light in this department. All of the stuffs were temporarily housed within my pink Victoria’s Secret cosmetic bag that was given to me by Novi and Gadis as a farewell gift last year. The size of it was humongous and it had lots of mini compartments inside and outside, so it could fit a lot of items.

I was having a serious case of dry, chapped lips at that moment. Thus, it was essential for me to bring my Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, so I threw it inside the bag. Honestly, I can’t remember how many times I put this on to my lips on that trip. While we are on the subject of lips, I also brought along a couple of lipsticks because mama needed some colors. Due to my lips’ condition, of course, I had to bring lipsticks that were moisturizing and creamy. My picks obviously included a plummy, mauvey pink number that was the Clinique Plum Pop and ColourPop Lippie Stix in Brink, a warm, brownish pink that’s gorgeous for everyday. The latter was actually a matte finish, but it had enough slip to it so it felt a bit creamy. it I saw Adani wore it on one of her blog posts last year. It looked good on her, so then I immediately picked one up for my zelf.

Apart from the lips, my skin also felt like the Sahara desert, especially around my mouth area. I ran out of my moisturizer, so the only skin-care item that I carried with me was a dinky little serum from Estee Lauder, which I did talk about briefly here. Genius skin-quencher right there.

As for the eye makeup, I only took my LORAC Pro Eyeshadow Palette with me. I wasn’t planning on doing 74832569 different eye looks on this ephemeral escape, for I just needed Espresso and Black to put some colors on to my brows, as per normal. To put those colors on, I used the 230 Luxe Pencil Brush from Zoeva. I found filling in my brows much quicker with this brush and I didn’t have to worry if I was going to go ham with it. Like I said, it did a pretty good job at filling in the sparse areas on my brows, but it didn’t make them look defined/structured per se. So, I also used my EcoTools Angled Eye Liner Brush to make dem brows appear slightly more angular.

If I had to pick one must-bring item from all the things mentioned, I would definitely choose the petroleum jelly over anything else. Not makeup? Whoa. Mama do love makeup, but ain’t nobody got time for skin that resembles dat of a lizard. Besides, it does other kinds of wonders as well!

By the way, there was still huge space left inside the makeup bag. So huge, it could have fit a bunny, a pair of pigeons, and a bouquet of roses. Ah, perhaps I should have named this post “A (Makeup) Bag of Tricks” instead. Makeup tricks people anyway!

7 comments:

  1. its pretty much what I would have too! loving that Clinique lippy colour by the way :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a flattering color! Thank you for your comment, Marie! xx

      Delete
  2. I use the Dior creme de rose lip balm, it's a bit expensive but it's the only thing that i've found is really healing. If my lips are dry or chapped before I go to sleep, after applying this at night when I wake up they are smooth and no longer dry or chapped and I don't need to apply anything during the day unless I want to for colour. I have the Lorac colour palette too and love it, I think its perfect for travelling too :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully one day I'll get myself a Dior rose lip balm! Thank you for your comment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this, I thought my travel makeup bag is streamlined it appears not. Great choice with Loracs palette and Vaseline well that's an essential to any girls makeup bag X Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The LORAC Pro Palette is indeed amazing! Thank you for you comment, Georgie!

      X

      Delete
  5. Lip balms are always a must for me when traveling! I love using Vaseline for that! Great post!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete