Thursday, June 2, 2016

Don't Worry, Be Saddie


Last March, a new local brand called Rollover Reaction released a line of affordable liquid lipsticks. The launch was surrounded by such a huge hype, that it made me quite skeptical to dip my toes in the water. However, after seeing lots of positive reviews online along with lots of people’s pouts on Instagram, I decided to make my mind up and make a sneaky little order.

There are 5 shades in the lineup and all of them are in the nudes family. All of the shades are apparently named after the women mentioned in The Beatles’ songs, and Saddie is the only shade that draws my attention. And by now, I’m sure you’ve already guessed what kind of color that is.

Other than the lipstick shade, the box that it comes with really excites me. I personally really like the design of it, and I’m not gonna throw it away for sure. It’s a simple, small white cardboard box with random strokes of the lipstick shade and golden lettering. Apparently, it’s their newest box design. The old ones were much more plain and not as exciting.

The actual product is housed in your standard tube-with-doe-foot-applicator packaging and it has a faint vanilla cake fragrant that can only be smelled during application. The texture is slightly mousse-y and you can get full opacity in just a single swipe. The application itself is also very smooth and not streaky or patchy whatsoever. Also, during this stage, my lips feel a bit hot. Idk, am I supposed to describe it as a tingly sensation? Because my lips literally feel like they are... hot. Not like on fire, spicy hot though. But again, I can only feel the ‘hotness’ during application. Weird, yes?

There’s also another weird thing. This shade in particular is described as ‘a soft nude mauve’,  but it pulls peachier and warmer when first applied. After it’s set, however, it starts to look like the said description. I think it does oxidize. Again, idk. And again, weird. I just hope that I didn’t get a dud one and that it’s a normal case with these lipsticks!
It also says that it has a ‘velvety matte’ finish and I couldn’t agree more with that claim. So, yay to a non-drying formula! That being said, keep in mind that it's gonna leave lipstick prints on anything that touches your lips. 

On my lips, it feels very lightweight, it almost feels like nothing. Lasting power is great too. It can stay on my lips for up to 8 hours. When I eat, drink, and talk a lot, it does leave a white ring on my lips though. But no biggie, for I can always re-apply.

You can use this as a blusher as well and trust me when I tell you that the smallest bit goes the loooongest way. The other day, I tried to put this onto my cheeks, but I went a bit too overboard with it#ClownFaceAlert. But it was nothing a bit of foundation and a buffing brush couldn’t fix. Once it was on, it showed a lovely flush of pink on the cheeks. I didn’t bother to test how long it was gonna last on my cheeks, for I am a type of person who gets greasy throughout the day, likes to blot her face, and has to wash her face every now and again.

In a nutshell, for such an inexpensive price, it is indeed an incredible ‘lip and cheek cream’. I don’t think I have anything bad in particular to say about this item, apart from some mentioned weird cases. If nudes aren’t your cup of tea, you don’t have to worry for I heard that they’re coming with deeper, bolder shades later in the future. You also don’t need to worry when you layer the product on your lips or purse your lips together, for it’s not gonna crumble. Now, if that isn’t good enough to make your mind up and hit that ‘order’ button, I don’t know what will.

8 comments:

  1. i've never heard of these but i am pretty new to the beauty scene but i have to say that this deep brownish color looks amazing. Thing with me i prefer to find them in stores and try them out first!!

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | | Enter my Charlotte Tilbury GIVEAWAY here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caterina!

      The shade is indeed amazing! But I don't think it's available in the UK yet. Maybe you can check out Sleek Matte Me in 'Shabby Chic' at your local drugstore/Boots!

      Thank you for your comment. X

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! Gorgeous, right?

      Thank you Amanda for your comment. X

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful shade!!x

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is!

      Thank you for your comment, Poppy! X

      Delete
  4. what a dreamy shade ! I must try this brand ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Thank you for your comment, Marie. X

      Delete