Thursday, June 30, 2016

Glow Baby Glow


When I first got into makeup, my greasy skin and I were told that the type of foundation that would suit my skin type would be those that offered a mattifying finish. I was also told that powders would be my best friend. So long story short, I pretty much spent my ‘early makeup days’ being all matte and err-thang and looking like I’d got this powder-like bits in all areas of my face that were prone to creasing.
I have seen and heard many times that people like me should/would want to steer away from anything that says ‘illuminating’, ‘glow-boosting’, 'insert other words from the thesaurus that share the same meaning as the other two', etc. Here’s the thing: I want dat glow. So I’m saying adios to anything that says ‘matte’--REBEL--and beginning to embrace the fact that I’m gonna look more like an oil-slick than I normally am. But hey, these days, I’d consider oily as a compliment.

Currently--well, more like when I’m in the mood to wear foundation--I use this technique that incorporates mixing a few drops of my SPOIL Organics Argan Oil into (about a pump of) my foundation. I just mix them together using my finger, dot the concoction all over my face, then blend in using my makeup sponge that looks like a Beauty Blender, but is not. Not only does the beauty oil sheers down the coverage, but it also enhances the skin’s radiance. I’m not talking about major glimmering, blinding glow, but more of a natural-looking dew.

But no. I’m not afraid to up my glow game, for I have the audacity to add Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight, Becca Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid, and anything that is ‘shining’, ‘shimmering’, and ‘splendid’ to my makeup wish-list. Told ya, I want dat glow.  

14 comments:

  1. Haven't used a product like this or anything from this brand before. Thanks for sharing!

    Hope you are having a great summer!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! This product is actually by a local brand. But youw can use any organic beauty oil from any brand!

      Thanks for your comment and have a great summer as well!

      X

      Delete
  2. a dewy and glowy finish is what i love. also, the beauty blender is my favourite thing in the world. can't go a day without it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl! Looking dewy and makeup sponges are my current faves. Thanks for you comment, Elena!

      X

      Delete
  3. How I miss the tea tree oil from Spoil you gave me! :'(

    Anyway I've been doing something similar - I've been applying an oil from Kiehl's and then applying my foundation on top. Looks a tiny bit greasy but I'd take that over patchy dry cheeks any day :)

    xx F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you finish it up? Hope it worked on you! And yes, love me a bit of a grease these days.

      X

      Delete
  4. Seems like a great product, thanks for sharing doll!

    Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway on the blog (Brand New Rose-Gold iPhone) I'd love if you entered. Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't used that product, but I'm tempted to try, thanks for this post !
    Sending love your way!
    xoSE

    HTTP://WWW.SASHAELIZABETH.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sasha!

      Yep you should totally try using argan oil!

      X

      Delete
  6. Yes, I take oily skin as compliment now, at least I will not get those patchy flakes on my face ;) I tried this using sample size of Jill Stuart luminous primer, and the result is amazing!

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I take oily skin as compliment now, at least I will not get those patchy flakes on my face ;) I tried this using sample size of Jill Stuart luminous primer, and the result is amazing!

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five, girl! Never heard of a Jill Stuart primer before, but I'm sure the result would be that amzing!

      Thank you for your comment, Dea :)

      X

      Delete
  8. my skin is super oily as well but this does sound like something i'd like to try, good thing glowy is in!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! Just try it girl! Argan oil will do some wonders!

      Thanks for your comment!
      X

      Delete