Thursday, June 9, 2016

I Line



There were days where I would never leave the house without lining my eyes. So when I nearly ran out of my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, I freaked out. Well, kind of. Here’s the thing: I don’t have the luxury to peruse on a Sephora store that carries all the brands that are available on their webstore. So, here in where I live, trying to get KVD products is a little bit of a pain in the ass.

After I completely finished the entire thing, I made peace with the fact that my eyes needed to be cat-flicks-free (what a tongue-twister right there). So it was just brows, lips, and done. One day, a friend of mine bought this new eyeliner pen from a local brand, which was the Wardah EyeXpert Optimum Hi-Black Liner. It seems iffy for me at first, but I tried it out and I actually really liked it. It literally had me at hello. The staying power is insane. It sits on ‘it will stay on your lids for dear life’ within the longevity spectrum.

It took me months until I finally purchased one. It was not that easy for me to move past KVD -- #HardlineFan. Packaging-wise, it’s similar to that of KVD’s in that it is a pen. Although, the cap doesn’t have that bouncy thing so you need to really make sure that it’s nice and secure once you close it, otherwise the tip will dry out. And yes, it’s not a brush tip, rather a felt tip. I much prefer the former though. This tip is not as fine and skinny as the KVD ones. And this is something that I really struggle with, especially when doing feline-flicks. However, because it’s easier to get my hands on this one instead on KVD, I ain’t gonna turn into a Debbie Downer. Besides, the price of this product is MUCH cheaper than the KVD ones. It’s only IDR 70k a pop!

The color is jet black and pigmented. It does take quite some time to set so make sure to not blink after you finish drawing your lines, especially thicker, more graphic lines, otherwise it’ll transfer to your brow bone (been there, done that). It’s also seriously waterproof and will last all day. Even so, removing it is not a hard job. Just splash a bit of your dual phase makeup remover onto the cotton pads, gently press them against the lids for about 30 seconds, and wiggle them a bit. Sometimes if I’m extra lazy, I just remove them using a facial cleanser, and remove the entire makeup altogether.

All in all, it’s not the best pen eyeliner out there, but I’ll manage to get the most out of it. It’s just nothing really compares to KVD Tattoo Liners! Seems like it takes a lot for me to be impressed with pen eyeliners.


7 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of eyeliner but reading your rave on the KVD's is making me excited for Jun/July!!

    & have a great Ramadhan :)

    xx, f

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG ARE YOU GOING TO THE STATES??? Im so jealous!!!!! Happy Ramadan, Faizah!

      X

      Delete
  2. this eyeliner has been on my wish list for years. i will be in sweden and denmark in the summer and their sephoras stock kat von d and i will get it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you totally should get it! Maybe get the Ink Liners as well. I heard that they're als spectacular!

      Thank you for commenting, Elena!

      X

      Delete
  3. This post has definitely convinced me to try and get my hands on the Kat Von D eyeliner. It's a pain to get KVD products in the UK as well, don't know why they don't ship internationally yet. They have such a massive following xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously have nothing bad to say about KVD Tattoo Liners! Hopefully they will be available in the UK soon as well!

      Thank you for your comment!
      X

      Delete
  4. I need the Kat Von D eyeliner and this post has convinced me to try it. Shame the UK doesn't have it readily available x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete