Thursday, June 16, 2016

Velvet Ted... Not.



Meet Velvety Brown No. 14, a pinky-brown shade from the Wardah Matte Lipsticks range. When I first discovered this, I expected it to dry my lips out because it claimed to be matte. But once applied, it was definitely non-drying at all. In fact, my lips felt moisturized. So this definitely isn’t a true matte lipstick. I applied it straight from the tube and it wasn’t dragging my lips or tugging them; the bullet glided smoothly over my lips.
As far as opacity goes, one swipe was enough to reveal its full pigmentation. This shade lasted on my lips for up to 3 hours with eating and drinking in between, before the color on the edges of my lips began to fade. This wasn't transfer-proof or smear-proof, though. I also felt like the moisture wore off as the time went by, which was expected.
Around 2 years ago, I saw someone on Instagram being told by @puchh on the comments section to mix this number with another Wardah lipstick shade from the same range called Maroon Lovers No. 10, a deep maroonish red. Later on, I went to the nearest Wardah counter, purchased my first lipsticks ever, swiped on No. 14 on my lips, and dabbed No. 10 over the top. It then created this gorgeous red-berry shade, so beautiful that I couldn’t help but stare at myself in my compact mirror for a good minute. #TBT
So, if you’re on the hunt for an ‘everyday’ lipstick shade--or just any lipstick shade, really--that has a pretty decent quality but you don’t want to break your bank account at the same time, check out the ones from this range.
Oh, and they smell like vanilla cupcakes too.

8 comments:

  1. I will take a look at those lipsticks when I get a chance, I really prefer lipsticks to be moisturising but not shiny so these sound like a good match for me :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this brand before, but I think I'll look into it more now xx

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a local brand :) thank you for your comment!
      X

      Delete
  3. OMG! your blog is beautiful! I love love love the design and I love the content <3 following <3 perfect <3

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet of you! Thanks a lot!
      X

      Delete
  4. their lipstick always smells good... btw you can check my video if you wanna got Glossier's product in Indonesia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewLP9tfovRs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they do. Thank you for your comment, Rahmi!

    X

    ReplyDelete