Thursday, August 11, 2016

Brows On Fleek

Looks so much better in real life though. BELIEVE MEH.

In November 2015, the ever so stunning/gorgeous/divine/beautiful Mariah Leonard posted a picture of her donning this mega cool ombre brows. She created that specific look using the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette. And I thought one day, I’d strive to recreate that look. Truthfully, I’ve been wanting to recreate all of Mariah’s look. Like, she’s basically my makeup Mecca. My makeup God.

Fast forward to 2016, just about yesterday, I saw Bretman Rock’s instavideo thing (or whatever it’s called) showing him going to school with super glittery, gilded brows. Here’s the thing; I had never been into glittery, sparkly makeup. But after seeing that clip of Bretman’s, I just wanted to bathe myself in glitter—I wanted that touch of Midas.

I’d had this loose purple eyeshadow from a local makeup brand that had been sitting on my table for the longest time, yearning to be put to good use. I tried using it once to create DIY eyeliner but it was a fiasco. However for this particular, I thought it’d be perfect. Of course, it wasn’t gonna adhere to my brow hairs on its own. So, I used a regular glue stick as a base (the one that looked like a twist-up lipstick tube). I just positioned the tube so the surface that would glide over my brow hairs was just the small edge of the tip, then I ‘painted’ the glue over my brows using small strokes. I was afraid that the glue would dry quickly and not give me enough time to apply the loose eyeshadow over the top, so I worked the glue in in small sections. But it turned out that the glue didn’t dry quickly, so there wasn’t any problems with that. Then, I used my EcoTools Concealer Brush to pack on the loose eyeshadow on to my brows. I did use a patting motion, because dragging/swiping the brush would cause major catastrophe—eyeshadow fallout.

I was surprised to see myself in the mirror after the application, but I was even more surprised by how easy the application process itself. To finish the entire look off, I paired it with a red lip and lashings of mascara. I initially thought of putting of a 90’s Kylie brown lip, but opted for a red instead. It looked a bit too much, and I was okay with it. I’m fine looking a bit too much.

I think this look would look so much more ethereal if you’ve got glittery, full-on ‘shimma-shimma’ eyeshadows at your disposal, or maybe, the Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette. Seriously, I’ve never wanted so much glitter in my lyf.


If you’re wondering, I removed ‘brow makeup’ using a sandalwood oil, because I ran out of my regular olive oil. Any oil would work just fine, though. I poured a couple of drops onto my fingers then gently rubbed them over my brows VERY GENTLY. I didn’t go barbaric during this step, because I didn’t want to be left with no brow hairs. After that, I wash my entire face using my regular facial soap. And my brows are still intact, mind you.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mesti banyak2 berguru dengan kk yg 1 iniy ^.^

      Delete
  2. This is so creative and cute! Love it! :)

    LifeOfArdor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment, Yana!

      X

      Delete
  3. I should definitely master filling my brows before trying to attempt something like this! It's gorgeous though....

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, this is so much easier than trying to fill in brows perfectly! Thank you for your comment, Tamara!

      X

      Delete