Thursday, August 25, 2016

Online Podcasts Worth Checking Out



Listening to online podcasts was never a thing for me. Until I spent too many sleepless nights and just craved for some entertainment. I wanted for something that I could just listen, but I didn’t want it to be just a song. I don’t exactly remember how, but one time, I stumbled upon the Modern Love podcast. I’m sure you can already tell what the podcasts are all about; Love. There, you can listen to any kind of love stories you can and cannot think of. It's not aren’t necessarily my favorite podcast though. However, there’s a chance that you might be interested in checking them out, right?

Actually, as I’m typing this, I just remembered that it was Ingrid Nilsen whom told me firsthand about the said podcast. Speaking of Ingrid, she and her friend, Cat Valdes, are the co-hosts of Ladies Who Lunch, which is another podcast that’s been my favorite (Ugh, how coincidental. And fitting!). This podcast has been around for awhile but like I said, podcasts weren’t my thing back then. Of all the podcast recommendations in this post, I have to say that this one’s my most favorite. They mostly cover topics that are very central to female, I guess. Listening to them talking on each episode has definitely helped me gain a further understanding about women, feminism, and everything in between. Some of the talks I found really thought-provoking. Not to mention that I personally love Ingrid because she’s really cool. And smart. And beautiful. Such an icon...or should I say, a #BAE?

If you’re interested in entrepreneurship, being business women, and all that badass stuff, definitely check out Girlboss Radio. Yep, you guessed it. Girlboss Radio is hosted by Sophia Amoruso, the writer of #Girlboss and founder of Nasty Gal (can she be any more badass?). My favorite one is the latest one, which features Suzy Batis. Who? You might ask? Suzy’s the founder and CEO of Poo~pouri. Basically, it’s a spray that you use to make your toilet smell like gardens before you do your "business". Just listen to the podcast. The backstory to this revolutionary product is really inspiring (and interesting!).

Last but not least, I recently just discovered this podcast by Jess Lively. On her website, there’s this section called The Lively Show. And under it, you’ll find a selection of podcasts that discuss career, blogging, wellness, relationship, money, food... and all other great stuff worth pressing that ‘play’ button.

I feel like not many people talk about these kinds of stuff on the Internet so coming across these was like discovering hidden gemstones worth raving about, for each story/discussion/podcast is very eye-opening and inspirational. Oh, and often times they do help me fall into my slumber. I feel like a 4-year-old (times 6) brat who listens to bedtime stories in her pink Hello Kitty nighty again.

11 comments:

  1. My best friend listens to Ladies who Lunch and has told me to check it out, I really need to at some point.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yass girl, you better do! Thank you for your comment, Rosa!

      X

      Delete
  2. Love this - great recommendations! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Do check them out, they're awesome!

      X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations! They sound fab :-)
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing tips! I'll really need to listen to Ingrid's and Cat's podcast :)


    What about following each other?

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these! I love listening to a good podcast though! I will be checking these out! Lovely post <3

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you did a post suggesting these, because I've always been interested in podcasts but didn't know where to start. All sound good!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is good! And very insightful! Thank you for your comment, Kim!

      X

      Delete