Thursday, September 1, 2016

Another Brow-Related Post Cuz It's the Age of the Brows


If I were asked "What's the thing that's dramatically changed the beauty industry?", my answer for now would definitely be "Brows". Or rather, "Cara Delevingne". Ever since Miss Delevingne started the Brow (On Fleek) Revolution, a lot of people have been dying to transform their sperm-like, non-existent brows into thicker, bushier, caterpillar-esque brows like the ones that she's blessed with−There's a reason why Charlotte Tilbury named one of her brow products "Cara D". To accommodate market demands, the beauty industry have provided inventive products like brow powders, pencils, and pomades, just to name a few. There's even this thing called eyebrow tattooing, which I reckon would be ideal to those who'd want much longer-lasting results. 

Personally, I like natural looking brows and prefer working with powders to achieve my desired look. I've never tried brow pomades and have never been trying them because I suppose it'd be 'too much' for my brows; I feel like it wouldn't be as easy as powders to work with and my brows would look too overdone in the end. However, if that's your thing, you do you. Assumptions aside, I still would like to try filling in my brows with pomades someday.

The other day, I was doing my wing using the Wardah Staylast Waterproof Gel Eyeliner on my Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush. I rarely use this particular eyeliner because it doesn't live up to its claims (boo). Not to mention that it doesn't glide on smoothly. But that's just another story. Anyways, out of curiosity, I then decided to fill in my brows using the said/pictured product and brush. I loaded the brush with some of the eyeliner, took off the excess on the back of my hand, and then drew hair-like strokes on the sparse areas on my brows. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out! My brows looked a lot defined, not in a revolting and overdone way, and I somehow loved them. Shade-wise, I thought that it'd would look way too dark and 'harsh' on my brow hairs, but it looked just fine. 

Even though it's not formulated specifically as a long-wearing, waterproof brow product, I think it's a pretty good alternative that can be used to make your brows look fuller and more defined. The Zoeva brush makes the perfect combo for this technique, for I found that it was so easy to maneuver. I think I'll be doing my brows this way only on days when my face won't have to get wet.

How would you prefer your brows to look? Will sperm-like brows or 1920s flapper girl brows make a come back? Who do you think would start the revolution?

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love the title! Great post x

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG sperm like brows...haha but I can totally picture in my head what they look like. I'm loving the thick bushy brows right now.

    michenn

    michenn Chanel Slingbacks Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you for reading and leaving a comment on this post, sweetie!

      X

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of this product before, but it sounds really nice!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete