Thursday, September 29, 2016

Not a Pretty Neutral Look...

...but still really pretty, though.

Why so gorgeous?
(prettyneutral.com)

I was scrolling through the Instagram feed the other day and came across this lovely image posted by Ellen a.k.a. @prettyneutral. What captivated me the most about her photo was this mesmerizing blueish eye makeup that she was wearing (as pictured above). Thank goodness she did a blog post about all of the product breakdown as well as the step-by-step guide to achieve that look. I really wanted to create a look inspired by it using whatever I had in my makeup arsenal, so I did. Pretty much.

The focal point of this entire look was obviously the blue eye shadow, but the one that she wore on her Instagram photo was looking rather grayish (at least to me), so I thought the Slate shade from my LORAC Pro Palette would work just fine for this look. But before that, I put on my Wardah Staylast Waterproof Gel Eyeliner as sort of a base on my mobile lid and blended the edges using a blending brush. This would help the Slate shade that I’d put over it appear more vibrant. After patting the eye shadow that I had layered over the ‘base’ using a flat eye shadow brush, I went ahead and blended the edges again, put a second layer to make the color even more poppin', and did my final blending. Next, I took a bigger blending brush, dipped it into Sable, and worked that into my crease using circular and windscreen wiper motions alternately. For the lower lash line, I just used a pencil brush to pack Slate all over it, then wiped my brush quickly on a tissue paper to remove any residue before going in with Sable once more to smoke out the lower lash line. In the picture, Ellen was also wearing false lashes. However, I just couldn’t be arsed to wear falsies, so I just applied lashings and lashings of mascara to my top and bottom lashes. I really wiggled the wand at the very base of my upper lashes and tried my best to resist the urge to release the mascara wand upwards and outwards, as my goal was to make my lashes as va va voom as possible. I wanted the ‘thickness’ to be concentrated at the base of my lashes, and my attempt was rather successful. I'd say. 

Finally, ze lips. She had this beautiful orangey shade all over her lips. I reckoned that my OFRA Miami Fever would be a pretty spot on duplicate for it, but I felt that a more subdued (or nude, I should say) glossy lip would tie the whole look just as perfect. So, I busted out the Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Liar from my makeup drawer and painted my whole lips with it instead.

I was pretty jolly with how it turned out. Thanks to Ellen for being an awesome inspiration! She’s such a hidden gem in the #InstaBeauty world. I mean, look at these disturbingly beautiful makeup looks that I wish to recreate some time later:

Those duo-chromatic eyes tho.
(prettyneutral.com)
I can't deal with this level of etherealness.
(prettyneutral.com)

Really loving her taste/style/looks in general! Also, if you’re into makeup and skincare stuff that are considered greener and friendlier to the environment, I think you’d really love her content. 

Oh, almost forgot to mention that I also popped some shimmery champagney eye shadow onto my inner corners, just because I was extra.

6 comments:

  1. This look is gorgeous :-) It'll be perfect for winter and autumn evenings!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally wear this look all year round. Thank you for you comment!

      X

      Delete
  2. I love those makeup looks. The eye makeup is on point!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! These eye makeup are everything!

      X

      Delete
  3. The eye make up is the highlight. Love it!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete