Thursday, October 20, 2016

Bye, By Terry



Last year, I sold my soul for the By Terry Ombre Blackstar in the shade Misty Rock. Ever since I managed to get my hands on it, I’d been on a noble mission to add more colors to my collection. In particular, this mesmerizing deep plummy shade called Velvet Orchid. However, the hefty price tag was definitely a problem. Until I stumbled across The Balm Batter Up Eyeshadow Sticks.

They’re pretty much the answer to my prayer. And maybe yours too. Now, can we discuss about the packaging real quick? The Balm makes the most adorable packaging with the cutest vintage-esque illustration, and often uses funny puns to name their products as well. For instance, this range’s got a baseball game theme going on and the shade that I’ve got is called Slugger, a beautiful deep, deep purple with teeny tiny specs of microfine glitter. It’s undoubtedly a straight up dupe for Velvet Orchid. This basically has the same quality as the Ombre Blackstars. It glides over my eyelid and along my waterline like buttah. The texture is that buttery smooth. One swipe reveals a seriously super duper hella intense opacity. So, if you prefer more of a sheered-out, toned-down look, use a lighter hand. Blending wouldn’t be a fuss as well. You can easily use your finger or a brush to make the edges appear seamless. You’ll also have a little play-time with it before it completely sets. Believe me, when it sets, it’s gonna stay there alllllllll day and night. It’s gonna survive wudus as well. I have a feeling that this might also be bulletproof.

Currently, there are a total of 8 shades in this range. So, if you want something from the Ombre Blackstar lineup, I’d say check these out first before you shell out your ca$$$h!

PS: Have you seen my short film?

7 comments:

  1. Try the shade "Pinch Hitter" and "Dugout" too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinch Hitter looks so much like Misty Rock! Dugout is lovelyyy

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from By Terry before, but I really want to!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! They're fantastic.

      X

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. SALAH BACA maafkannnnnn, btwwwwww masih penasaran sama Kiko tapi kenapa ga ada yg jual yah sedih

      Delete