Thursday, March 16, 2017

Terra

At last, there came a time when I was finally able to scratch ‘The Jouer Long-Wear Lip Crème Liquid Lipstick’ off of my wish-list. If you’ve seen this post, you’d know that I was eyeing on the shades that leaned more mauvey pink. But then I decided to pick up Terra instead because the amount of mauvey pink lipsticks in my arsenal was (quite) overwhelming.




First off, let’s talk about the packaging. The captivating packaging. It allows you to attach this product to other Jouer products, which is something that this brand is widely known for (although I’m not quite sure if this also applies to the packaging of their highlighters). Still, I think it’s a genius way to differentiate your product in such a saturated market. The slim square tube looks really sleek and sophisticated. But because the cap is so small (or rather short), it makes holding it while applying the actual product feels weird. So it definitely needs some getting used to.

The color is described as a ‘matte neutral deep ochre’ which I have no idea what the hell that is all about. I would describe it as my kind of MLBB shade, that is a subdued pinky brown with a hint of mauve... which is quite surprising (I solemnly swear that I didn’t expect for this to look kinda mauvey on me). I was quite unsure about how I felt for this lipstick when I first tried it, as I had thought it’d look more pinky brown. But the more I used it, the more I love it. It’s such a pretty everyday color.  



One of the things that made me wanna but this lipstick was the fact that everyone raved about how beautiful the formula was. And now, I’m happy to say that I second that. It’s creamy, glides over the lips very smoothly, and dries quickly to a matte finish. You don’t have to add another coat to even out the color all over your lips, as it’s pigmented already. But if you want to add another layer, you don’t have to worry about it turning all crumbley and gross. Also, because it’s matte, it’s transfer-proof. But although it’s matte, it’s not gonna suck the life out of your lips. Epic, is it not?

Normally (and by normal I mean when I chug lotsa water and munch all kinds of food that are not too too greasy) it can last to up to 6 hours. When it fades, it fades evenly without making your lips look like a butthole. So yeah, it’s so epic.

I once saw a photo of  at least 5 different shades of this lipstick owned by my friend, Anggy, and I thought she was crazy.

But look at me now.

Making a new list which consists of other colors to choose from.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been so hooked up on a liquid lippie before...until I met jouer..hahahha..

    Terra cantiiik yaaa 😍😍 ... tawny rose, lychee, melon juga lhoo..huahahhaaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shade really is amazing, so natural despite being matte. And the formula seems to be worth it too.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete