Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Little Crush on You

Blogging has made me gain so many things within the past year and a half; it’s helped me hone my writing skills, pushed my creativity in varying my contents, and allowed me to make new friends. The latter happens to be the category that Faizah a.k.a. The Nicest Person Ever falls into. A few weeks ago, she went to Jakarta along with a few beauty goodies she brought for me. Among those goodies was the Glossier Generation G Matte Lipstick in Crush. I had been meaning to pick something up from Glossier, but this brand was and still is such a pain in the butt to get hold of. So, thank you so much Faizah for the lipstick! Told ya, she’s the nicest person ev4hh.



I really like the brand because it’s such an indie brand (I believe it’s still an indie brand), and indie-ness often associated with something cool. And Glossier is cool indeed. The way they market their products is clever. There’s a reason why Glossier products are packaged within those sleek tubes, cute stickers that you can put all over the packaging, and the carton which you won’t throw away because the design is so darn adorable; so you can Instagram ‘em, swoon all the lasses and lads out there so they’d purchase a thing or two from the brand, and basically help the brand boost its sales. Oh, not to mention their products’ cute name. The Balm Dot Com? How ingenious is that?



Now, back into the real stuff. Packaging is a simple sleek white plastic tube. A lot of people may think this looks cheap, but I’m not one of those people. I’m someone who is easily brainwashed by clever, captivating marketing techniques. The color is what looks like a berry color to me; it’s pinky and a bit purple-y. It’s super sheer, yet super buildable. The texture is balm-like and it won’t dry down to a matte finish, which is quite confusing for something that claims to be a matte lip product, but is definitely not a huge deal-breaker, as it’s still really nice.

This would be good for a ‘no makeup’ makeup look. But even greater if worn along with Boy Brow and Cloud Paint. Oh the joy of living in a third world country...

No comments:

Post a Comment