Thursday, June 8, 2017

How Many "Sluggish" are There in This Post?

One of the (not many) YouTubers that I am subscribed to is Teni Panosian. A few weeks ago, she did a makeup tutorial video which incorporated a purple eye shadow from one of Natasha Denona Palette range. The look was so beautiful and seemed easily achieved, that I thought of recreating it someday. Well, that day did come and I finally recreated that look using whatever I had at my disposal. So, here’s a little back story and the breakdown on how I did my take on Teni’s makeup, sans the 26-dollar eyeshadow palette. And the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in (Plum)age which costed a dollar less than aforementioned said palette -_-

It was the first day of Ramadan. I knew I was about to welcome another episode of That Time of The Month, so I was feeling sluggish, but I wanted to still do something productive. So I pulled up my makeup drawer and grabbed some stuffs out of it. I took out everything I could possibly need for the eyes and the lips, but I didn’t take out anything for the base, apart from a concealer and a powder, which I wouldn’t use on my face. Told ya, I was feeling rather sluggish.

I started off by priming my lids using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup, which was the concealer. Then, I dust some of the RCMA No Color Powder along my crease to help the blend the makeup that I was gonna lay over it.


Apparently, my grim-looking LORAC Pro Palette got the shades that were close enough to dupe the ones that Teni used for that video. So I used Light Bronze, Gold, and Deep Purple on the lids, crease, and the outer corners respectively. I then glided The Balm Batter Up Eyeshadow Stick in Slugger (because I was feeling sluggish :p) along my top and bottom waterline as well as halfway along the lower lash line, more toward the outer part and create a reverse flick just like what Teni did. I have to say, I got a little carried away and my flicks turned longer than they should. As for the lower inner lash line, I put on Gold for a pop of... gold.

I also attempted to thicken the upper lashline using Slugger just a tiny bit. Then, I coated my lashes with the Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara by Estee Lauder, which I need to replace ASAP. Mascara-ed lashes really helped the look pulled together very very nicely!


Teni wore something nude and glossy and her lips. I didn’t quite have a nude lipstick, because 99% of  what I got were in the mauvey-pink family. But I did have a gloss that would work for this look, which was the Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Gloss in Liar. I forgot how great this lipgloss was.

Recreating this look turned out to be quite simple. I love Teni because she’s just so gorgeous and talented and it’s such a shame that her channel doesn’t get talked about much. She truly is a gem.



Speaking of hidden gems, who’s your current favorite beauty YouTuber? I’d like to know and maybe I’ll try to recreate some of their makeup looks, if I’m not feeling particularly sluggish... 

1 comment:

  1. I hate feeling sluggish, it can be so hard to get your mojo back. Your makeup looks beaut!

    Tiffany Tales – Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete